Higher Education Solutions Network TechCon 2016
The Higher Education Solutions Network (HESN)’s Technical Convening (TechCon) 2016, co-hosted by MIT and USAID, will be a unique convening of researchers, students, entrepreneurs and innovators, development experts, field practitioners, and private sector representatives focused on highlighting cutting-edge solutions to critical development challenges.
TechCon will spark dynamic conversation and enable rigorous exploration of impactful, community and partnership-centered global development work focused on innovation and research.
You can now browse the agenda, speakers, attendees, and exhibitors on the TechCon website. We hope to see you there!
Looking for CITE at TechCon? You can find our staff, faculty, student researchers, and partners in the following sessions and workshops:
- Thursday, 8:45am — Opening Remarks featuring CITE Director Bishwapriya Sanyal
- Thursday, 12:00pm — Innovation Marketplace featuring CITE Research Assistants Amit Gandhi, Prithvi Sundar, and Mark Brennan
- Thursday, 5:45pm — Closing Remarks featuring CITE Associate Director Joanne Mathias
- Friday, 11:45pm — "Avoiding Food Loss through Innovative Packaging" featuring CITE Scalability Lead Jarrod Goentzel
- Friday, 4:15pm — "Finding What Works: Practical Tools for Evaluating Global Development Technologies" featuring CITE's Jennifer Green, Daniel Frey, Amit Gandhi, Jonars Spielberg, Sara Lynn Pesek, and more
- Friday, 5:15pm — "Building True Partnerships: Conventional Wisdom, Unconventional Truth" featuring CITE Director Bishwapriya Sanyal
- Saturday, 9:30am — "Design for, Design by, Design with: Perspectives on Why and How to Engage Stakeholders in the Design Process" featuring CITE Monitoring & Evaluation Manager Kendra Leith